Saturday, July 11, 2009

You Do Not See Him NOW, 1 Pt 1:8

Text
You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy” (1 Peter 1:8, NLT).

Insight
Have you ever wondered, “Where is God?” Sometimes men walk through seasons struggling to see God at work. We ask questions like: Why am I here? Why isn’t God doing something? Where are you, God? How does a man of faith respond in times like these?
TRUST. God is bigger than our circumstances. Fear is extinguished by faith. You aren’t the first person to go through this. Remember, “Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen, it gives us assurance about things we cannot see” (Hebrews 11:1).
ADJUST. Adjust your focus. When you can’t see God IN your circumstances, look OUT. Never interpret God’s love, care or concern from your trials. Guard yourself from the faulty formula: My circumstances = God’s care / concern. Instead, look out of your circumstances and rejoice in who He is… despite what is going on around you. God is good… even when I’m going through something bad. God is love… even when I feel rejected by others. God provides… even when I have to downsize.
DO WHAT IS RIGHT… especially when you can’t see Him. Do what is right: “Respect everyone, love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God and respect the king” (2:17). Peter warns us to “keep away from worldly desires” and to “live properly among your unbelieving neighbors.”
As you endure by trusting, adjusting and doing what is right… Two things will happen. (1) Your faith will remain strong and “bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed” (1:7). (2) Your unbelieving neighbors “will see your honorable behavior and they will give honor to God when he judges the world” (2:12). So, “love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious and inexpressible joy” (1:8).

Prayer
Father, sometimes trials cloud my ability to see You… I fear the worst and I feel alone. I choose to trust You. Help me adjust my focus off of my circumstances onto Your character. I will do what is right. May my faith honor You and witness to my neighbors. In Jesus name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment