Tuesday, January 12, 2010

God's Plan

Text
Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live” (Galatians 1:4, NLT).

Insight
Our loving Father implemented His plan… For He so loved us, His creation, that He could not stand for us to be apart. So, He “called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ” (1:6, NLT). His plan provided the Way.
God understood our problem. Sin separated us from God. It took advantage of us and brought spiritual death (Rom 7). Empowered by law, “sin used what was good to bring about… condemnation to death” (Romans 7:13). Paul relates the problem this way, “I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead I do what I hate. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not the one doing wrong, it is the sin living in me that does it” (Romans 7:15 – 17, NLT).
God’s plan rescued us from the problem of sin. The core of God’s plan was giving Jesus’ life for our sin in order to rescue us from this evil world. His life rescued us from the power of sin so that we might live for God and not just ourselves. “All glory to God forever and ever” (Galatians 1:5).
There is only one plan; therefore, guard yourself from turning away from God by following a different plan. Any other plan is only pretending to be the Good News. Don’t be fooled by anyone or any plan which twists the Truth.

Prayer
Father, thank You for rescuing me from this evil world and from sin. Thank You for giving Your life for me. Guard me from turning to any other plan than Your Good News. All glory to You, forever and ever. In Jesus name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment